Manaslu Trekking (19Days)
The trek was officially opened in 1991. Mt Manaslu Himal lies between the two big rivers, the Budi Gandaki and the Marshyangdi.
A trek to the base of Mt. Manaslu (8163m) offers a combination of rich cultural heritage, unsurpassed beauty and a great diversity of flora and fauna. It is also called the? Japanese Mountain? In Samagoan (3450m), just 15 km far from the Tibetan border, Tibetan monks inhabit in the sacred monasteries. More monasteries are seen in Larkya Bazzar.The biggest challenge of this trek is to pass Larkya~La (5135m). From the top of the pass we descend through the alpine forests alive with flowers, ferns, bamboo, pine, waterfalls and aqua-blue green lakes which are laced with cotton-white beaches.
The trek begins from Gorkha to Budi Gandaki Valley following the River over Larkya~La pass (5135m) and descends to the Marshyangdi River, from where you will trek down to Besi-Sahar then drive back to Kathmandu.
Here’s recent picture gallery from Mt manaslu Trekking.
Trip Facts, Itinerary and booking form:
Day 01:Kathmandu to Gorkha (1150m) (141 km/ 5-6 hours): Drive by bus/car to Kathmandu .
Day 02:Gorkha to Khanchowk (1000m): Trek.
Day 03:Khanchowk to Aarughat (530m): Trek.
Day 04:Aarughat to Soti Khola: Trek.
Day 05:Soti Khola to Machha Khola: Trek.
Day 06:Machha Khola to Nero: Trek.
Day 07:Nero to Filim (1590m): Trek.
Day 08:Filim to Umbale: Trek.
Day 09:Umbale to Namru (2630): Trek.
Day 10:Namru to Sama Gompa (3500m): Trek.
Day 11:Rest day at Sama Gompa: Excursion to Manaslu Base Camp and Sama Gaon (Village) /acclimatization.
Day 12:Sama Gompa to Pungen Glacier: Trek.
Day 13:Pungen Glacier to Larkya~La base camp: Trek.
Day 14:Larkya~La base camp to Larkya~La (5135m) cross and to Bhimtang: Trek.
Day 15:Bhimtang to Tilje: Trek.
Day 16:Tilje to Tal: Trek.
Day 17:Tal to Bahundanda: Trek.
Day 18:Bahundanda to Besi-Sahar: Trek.
Day 19:Besi-Sahar to Kathmandu (175 km/ 7-8 hours): Drive by bus/car.
• Nepal Great Himalaya Trekking has a philosophy with trip inclusions as much as possible is included so our customers know the total cost of the adventure trip up front.
• All domestic flight, hotel/airport transfer
• 4Star Hotel or similar category hotel at Kathmandu
• All ground transportation by private vehicles
• All accommodations in tents and all meals during the treks no extra charge for single travelers
• Down jacket, 4 seasonal sleeping bag (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
• Welcome & farewell dinner
• All porterage costs
• All cost for a Nepal Great Himalaya leader(First Aid and Eco trained English Speaking) and sherpa, a sherpa assistance leader(s) and assistance Trek leader help each individuals while on trek
• All necessary paper works and permits.
• Travel & Rescue arrangements
• Exclusive Medical Kit Bag
• All government and local taxes if necessary.
• Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)/ International airfare to & from home city/
• Excess baggage charges
• Lunch & evening meals in Kathmandu.
• Travel and rescue insurance
• Portable Altitudes Chamber for safety measures.
• Personal expenses e.g. phone calls, laundry, bar bills & extra porters
• Tips for guides and porters.
• Optional trips and sightseeing if extend